Home » Server Options » Replication » Clarify. Complete Refresh
icon7.gif  Clarify. Complete Refresh [message #145976] Mon, 07 November 2005 23:11
maher
Hi,
Please verify these facts

I have Single Master-MV topology [20 clients replicate from a single master site] using complex replica [snapshot that uses many of unions etc..]
1-I can only do a full refresh on this type of replica on my client right?

2- When i am performing a full refresh the old data is not deleted until a full download of the new data have been successfully performed

3- What happens if clients have made DDL changes to its local copy, what method would refresh [synchronized] these changes with the server? is it similar to fast [incremental] refresh where the clients first send its Deferred transactions, merge with the master site, resolve collisions - if any - then receive the master site changes [incrementally]. this is a critical question for my model, i am trying to iron this major detail, the doc does not talk about the changes on the client side when it comes to full refresh, but only when Fast Refresh

4- Does that mean the clients uploads all the replica up to the server when synchronization?

5- Is Complex replica READ-ONLY, meaning the clients can only use the data but make no changes to it?

6- What did i get wrong or right for that matter

Thanks

[Updated on: Mon, 07 November 2005 23:11]

Report message to a moderator

Previous Topic: Data Syncronization Process
Next Topic: Pure .NET Stored Procedures
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 18:01:54 CDT 2024