Home » Developer & Programmer » Data Integration » Practice DW schema(s) wanted - Please! $$? (merged)
Practice DW schema(s) wanted - Please! $$? (merged) [message #142780] Mon, 17 October 2005 12:47 Go to next message
Sasha Froyland
I’m seeking to improve my knowledge of Oracle’s 9i analytical functions.

I’m looking for someone who may have built and populated the tables used in the Oracle9i Data Warehousing Guide section – “SQL for Analysis in Data Warehouses” or know where they can be found.

http://download-west.oracle.com/docs/cd/B10501_01/server.920/a96520/analysis.htm#16071

Tables like Sales, Customers, Products, Times, Channels, etc.

I’m in the process of installing Oracle 9i on XP Pro.

Would also love to have an export of the Date dimensions tables.

I would be willing to PayPal you some $$ if needed as it would take me a lot of time to by hand build these schemas and populate them with test data.

Please let me know. I can give you an FTP account to a server to upload the exports to.

Cheers,
Sasha
Practice DW Schema(s) wanted – Please! $$? [message #142781 is a reply to message #142780] Mon, 17 October 2005 12:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Sasha Froyland
I’m seeking to improve my knowledge of Oracle’s 9i analytical functions.

I’m looking for someone who may have built and populated the tables used in the Oracle9i Data Warehousing Guide section – “SQL for Analysis in Data Warehouses” or know where they can be found.

http://download-west.oracle.com/docs/cd/B10501_01/server.920/a96520/analysis.htm#16071

Tables like Sales, Customers, Products, Times, Channels, etc.

I’m in the process of installing Oracle 9i on XP Pro.

Would also love to have an export of the Date dimensions tables.

I would be willing to PayPal you some $$ if needed as it would take me a lot of time to by hand build these schemas and populate them with test data.

Please let me know. I can give you an FTP account to a server to upload the exports to.

Cheers,
Sasha
Re: Practice DW Schema(s) wanted – Please! $$? [message #142788 is a reply to message #142781] Mon, 17 October 2005 13:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Mahesh Rajendran
Account Moderator
>>I would be willing to PayPal you some $$ if needed
Intresting.
You are trying to outsource your learning process, so that the learning process is made simple to you.
I would try to do it by myself ( Considering the wealth of knowledge i would gain by searching,reading docs, asking questions about it to others, Making mistakes and correcting it, and learn new methods etc).

You may be disappointed.

All the sample schemas are shipped along with oracle media.
You can install them during database creation.
I am not very sure about the same tables used.

But Oracle SAMPLE SCHEMA DOCUMENTATION should help you.
http://download-west.oracle.com/docs/cd/B10501_01/server.920/a96539/toc.htm

And that is my opinion. No offense intended here.
Thanks & Regards

[Updated on: Mon, 17 October 2005 13:24]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Practice DW Schema(s) wanted – Please! $$? [message #142904 is a reply to message #142780] Tue, 18 October 2005 05:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Maaher
It's the default 'SH' schema. Look here.

Don't pay for it, you can buy me a Duvel next time we're in a bar together. Wink

MHE

[Updated on: Tue, 18 October 2005 05:43]

Re: Practice DW Schema(s) wanted – Please! $$? [message #142976 is a reply to message #142904] Tue, 18 October 2005 09:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Mahesh Rajendran
Account Moderator
>>you can buy me a Duvel next time we're in a bar together

Ah!~. The belgians!.
Where i live, Duvel is no good as it used to be. Hennepin rocks!.
Will you settle for a St. Bernardus Tripel?
Laughing

[Updated on: Tue, 18 October 2005 12:15]

Re: Practice DW Schema(s) wanted – Please! $$? [message #143091 is a reply to message #142976] Wed, 19 October 2005 01:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Maaher
Mahesh Rajendran wrote on Tue, 18 October 2005 16:53

Will you settle for a St. Bernardus Tripel?Laughing

Laughing

http://www.orafaq.com/forum/fa/451/0/ A good tripel beer will always do, but my all time favorite (in a class of its own) is Westmalle Tripel, one of the few genuine Trappist beers there are.

MHE
Re: Practice DW schema(s) wanted - Please! $$? (merged) [message #143333 is a reply to message #142780] Wed, 19 October 2005 23:57 Go to previous message
Sasha Froyland
Thanks for the helpful knowledge. Once I go Oracle 10g installed I saw that the schemas I was looking for were already installed.

Sorry for the late reply but I had some difficulty installing 10g.

Cheers,
Sasha
Previous Topic: Installing Warehouse Builder
Next Topic: ERD or STAR SCHEMA
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 17:50:24 CDT 2024